Sunday, July 09, 2006

Olah!

I have returned from a week in the lake district looking after some very delightful though testing teenagers with various disabilities. my heart goes out to them. they dont know God like i do, yet they still have a life to look foward to and the majority of them were joining in with everything they could. it saddened me to see this morning in our service, that several 'spirit filled' teenagers were just sitting being a distraction to each other during the worship time. normally it would have annoyed me(an area that last week, God has helped me with), but it just really broke my heart that they have so much to be thankful for, and know it. they dont have all the problems that my friends from last week have. yes, they have some, but nowhere near the extent of those teenagers, and yet, those from this morning still cant find it in their hearts to worship God, or let others worship Him. I pray that their eyes may be opened to the glory of God, and that they will be shown how lucky they are that God is actively working in their lives. what i would give for the 10 teenagers (well 9 and a 22 year old) to find Jesus.
maybe, just maybe, my leader from last week will find Jesus through my bible-which i accidently left in the lake district. hopefully he'll get my email and send it back with my DofE book, i just pray he reads some of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

stop sayin "olah" or i'll lamp ya aat mayte! lol. Glad u had a good time and it's good to have you back. =D

10:41 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home